AEM, with its head office at Stansted Airport, is a subsidiary of AMETEK. As part of AMETEK’s Aerospace & Defense Division, AEM is one of the largest independent aircraft component repair and over haul facilities in Europe.
We have an immediate part-time vacancy, at our Stansted site for a Driver; this is a permanent role and reports to the Logistics Supervisor.
To undertake delivery and collection van runs in a long wheel base van. To support the day-to-day operation of the Despatch section, undertaking logistic tasks under the direction of the Logistics Supervisor.
• Drive the company vehicle on a regular basis
• Unload, unpack and distribute goods to the Business Units
• Raise all relevant paperwork; undertake computer data entry and filing as required.
• Participate in customer delivery and collections and arranging deliveries and collections
• Pack and prepare components for despatch
• General store duties: administration, manual handling, operation of forklift etc
• Liaise with stores customers (internal and external customers) to maximise service level.
• Maintain and ensure implementation of all standard operating practices and procedures
• Ensure quality standards are maintained in accordance with EASA, FAA and company procedures.
• Comply with health, safety and environmental regulations.
• Numerate and literate – minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English (essential)
• Hold a clean UK driving licence (essential)
• Hold a fork lift licence (counter balance) – desirable
• Minimum age 25 – to meet the requirements of our company vehicle insurance policy
• Computer literate
• Experience of operating a fork lift (desirable)
• Logistics experience (desirable)
•Accurately undertake computer data entry. • Able to work in a team in a demanding, customer focused working environment. • An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills • Driven and enthusiastic • Flexible; able and willing to learn new skills and attend training courses • Disciplined, organised and able to work independently and to tight deadlines under pressure. • Able to drive company vehicles; holds a full driving licence • Able to undertake manual handling of products and store items.
This role is physically demanding. The successful candidate will be required to meet the physical requirements of the role, including manual handling daily. Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 7.00am – 3.30pm
To apply for this role please submit your CV, with a covering letter to Janine Barber, HR Advisor; e-mail Janine.email@example.com cc Jennifer.Otter@ametek.com