AEM, with its head office at Stansted Airport, is a subsidiary of AMETEK. As part of AMETEK’s Aerospace & Defense Division, AEM is one of the largest independent aircraft component repair and over haul facilities in Europe.
We have an immediate full-time vacancy, at our Stansted site for a Logistics Supervisor; this is a permanent role and reports to the Operations Manager.
To supervise stock movements, infrastructure and staff within the Despatch & Stores departments; supporting production schedules and capacity, whilst maintaining rigorous compliance with all industry standard regulations.
To control the movement and records of controlled items in and out of the UK, in compliance with UK, US and EU regulations.
• Liaise with Business Units, Goods In, Stores and Despatch Departments and assist as required to ensure compliance with all industry, COSHH and HSE regulations and procedures covering
o inspection of all incoming parts, control of stores Quarantine procedures, preparation and shipping of aircraft components including “dangerous goods”, Goods Inwards to include stores inspection, quarantine, segregation, batching, booking in of stock in a timely manner.
o checking accuracy of all documentation / release certification for inbound aircraft parts
o maintenance of accurate records of parts and materials including stock control and processing and inputting of goods received and returns transfers onto the company system.
o identifying surplus and obsolete stock and scrap and disposal of inventory
• Liaise with stores customers (internal and external customers) to maximise service level.
• Supervise goods in, stores and despatch team; tackle and resolve issues impacting on daily outputs
• Manage daily work schedule within team; authorise time sheets & overtime, manage holiday bookings etc.
• Support the Import & Export Coordinator in the completion of IPR airworthiness processes.
• Oversee the management of import / export procedures and liaise with HMRC and customs to ensure compliance with shipping regulations.
• Manage PI counting inputs and keep the perpetual stock count within stores up to date at all times.
• Work with couriers / service providers to ensure achievement of optimum service levels.
• Resolve daily output issues.
• Review freight invoices to ensure accuracy of charges.Identify and resolve logistics related non-conformances.
• Comply with all safe working practices in relation to HSE policies and procedures.
• Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives.
• Adhere to industry standard QA rules and regulations
• Participate in audits for the above and manage the close out of any Audit findings.
• Manage performance and development of all team members; develop team ensuring all team members achieve their full potential in line with company training plan, APDR, goals and objectives.
• Numerate & literate (GCSE or equivalent Maths & English)
• Minimum 3 years’ team management experience
• Prior knowledge of Export Control procedures and a working understanding of UK and US Export Licencing (desirable)
• Proficient Microsoft Office user, word and excel (essential)
• Experience of licence applications in the UK and US (desirable)
• Familiar with custom authority websites (CHIEF) (desirable) • Aviation Industry sector stores/ despatch knowledge (highly desirable)
• Prior experience of applying and verifying regulatory documentation (desirable); a stores inspection
stamp is desirable.
• Able to drive company vehicles; holds a full driving licence and a fork lift truck licence (desirable)
• Ability to work well in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build close-knit relationships with outside parties
• Strong analytical, administrative and organisation skills and excellent attention to detail
• Innovative and enthusiastic
• Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and multi task
• Strong communicator (written and verbal)
• Flexible and self-motivated
• Computer literate; proficient in excel and word
• Strong people management skills and the ability to influence change
Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience
To apply for this role please submit your CV, with a covering letter and salary expectations to
Jennifer Otter, HR Manager; e-mail Jennifer.Otter@ametek.com cc Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org