WHERE TEAMWORK GOES FURTHER
When you’re one of our team, you’ll play a vital part in every customer’s journey.
THE PART YOU’LL PLAY
- Support the Workshop Manager to review workloads, resources and equipment/storage facilities to ensure sufficient capabilities and competencies and to ensure continued compliance with EASA Part 21/Human Factors regulatory requirements.
- To cover days/shift working patterns as required to meet the demands of the organisation in the receipt, storage, transfer, issuing/kitting and order shipping of all parts and materials accurately and efficiently.
- To inspect and validate inbound parts and materials for visual/documentary quality conformance and instruct/authorise for release for stores/kitting/dispatch; or quarantine/rejection as required.
- To carry out Stores PI counts ad hoc location inventory/asset checks effectively and accurately, as required, including ageing stock assessment/condition check, to make re-order level recommendations and to ensure any storage/shelf life controls are applied.
- To ensure Stores locations are maintained to best practice standards.
- To carry out order shipping processes, and to ensure parts and materials are packaged correctly to protect them from transit damage and the environment, that documentation is in compliance with applicable regulations (including HMRC and DGR’s) and to co-ordinate and monitor outbound dispatch couriers/transport.
- To ensure the accurate maintenance and completion of all transactions and documentation relating to the ERP system and any other systems and processes in place.
- To aid in the identification of stores personnel training needs and to undertake on the job training where appropriate using GQCP’s, LWI’s, Training Records (manual handling, human factors) etc.
- To ensure safe working methods for loading/unloading and material movements are applied at all times including external drivers/delivery/visitors.
- To work in accordance with Quality Procedures and local work instructions relevant to Stores operations, assist in the review and recommendation of changes to same, and also to promote continuous improvement activities.
- To monitor and reinforce company policies and procedures including Quality and Health and Safety.
- To comply with, and have input into, all stores related risk assessments.
- Review materials/consumables specifications; updating COSHH sheets with new substances.
- Undertake any other duties that may be requested/delegated from time to time by the Workshop Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING:
- Must possess strong team-working & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external customers/suppliers competently and professionally to resolve issues arising and achieve expected service levels.
- Have a good standard of numeracy, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Have proven Stores/Warehouse experience; including handling a large range of parts and materials.
- Have proven experience and skill/knowledge to be authorised to verify inbound parts/materials quality and documentation; raise Certificates of Conformity release documentation as required.
- To be able to demonstrate awareness and implementation of Health and Safety.
- Have the flexibility to work outside of normal hours when required, including weekends.
- Completed necessary training for EASA Part 21 and EASA Part 145 approvals and Stores related/required training including attainment and maintenance of Stores Inspection Approval.
- Working knowledge of EASA Part 21, EASA Part 145, CAP 562 AMC’s/regulations pertinent to inventory management/stores function.
- To have detailed working knowledge of the ERP (Syteline) and related systems and basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- To be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable, able to carry out skilled task hands-on, to work under minimal supervision and to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- To have a full clean driving licence and the ability to attain and maintain a Forklift Truck Licence.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
ABOUT MENZIES AVIATION
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.