Our Ground Operations team in Stansted is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Base Manager you will be responsible for working closely with Blue Handling (our ground operations provider) on all operational issues, ensuring the partnership delivers Ryanair’s KPIs along with ensuring that Blue Handing are fully compliant with Ryanair’s GOM, SMS and Compliance Monitoring Manuals through audits and checks.
Our dedicated Ground Operations management team are responsible for consistently driving for operational excellence in all areas of the Ryanair Stansted Operation (Check-In; Boarding; Ramp and Operations Control Centre) and seeking out new initiatives to improve on-time performance by thinking “outside the box”.
As our biggest base, you will play an important role in ensuring the continued smooth and efficient travel experience for our millions of passengers who travel to, from and through Stansted airport by:
- Overseeing Ryanair’s KPIs of on-time performance, short-shipped baggage, revenue and customer service.
- Reporting daily on previous day’s performance, identifying key areas of weak performance.
- Analysing and investigating delays and delay trends, implementing fixes to prevent reoccurance.
- Compiling weekly and monthly reports for the Base Manager, General Manager UK and Ireland as well as Director of Operations.
- Ensure Training is compliant and online with Ryanair training material and manuals.
- Managing Safety Reports, closing in agreed timeframes with Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.
- Managing Audits, both internal and external, investigating and closing all Audit findings within agreed timeframes.
- Chairing weekly meetings with each Duty Station Manager to analyse their weekly reports and action items.
- Working closely with Airport Partners, including but not limited to MAG, Omniserv, NATS, Swissport and Up and Away to ensure a consistent product is delivered to Ryanair’s customers.
- Attending or delegating attendance of MAG daily operations meetings.
- Planning for operation impact events, such as ATC strikes to ensure the operation runs efficiently.
- Flexibility and working unsociable hours will be required at times.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- 5 years Airport management/supervisor level experience - essential.
- A thorough understanding of ground handling procedures and operations
- Knowledge of Ryanair Operations is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to make quick decisions whilst working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask