Technical Support Intern
12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Based at Stansted Airport
Salary: £17,000 + Benefits
Programme Start: September 2019
Manchester Airports Group (MAG) is the country’s largest UK-owned airport operator. Our three airports - Stansted, East Midlands and Manchester – serve around 60 million passengers every year. Our airports are multi-award-winning businesses responsible for directly employing, training and developing thousands of people. MAG is proud of its commitment to a healthy graduate, intern and apprentice programme. These programmes give young people the opportunity to enter our business in position that compliments their career aspirations and offers industry leading training.
Throughout the 12-month internship, you will get involved in:
- Supporting MAG’s business applications running on servers running Windows Operating Systems; both at Server and Desktop level, plus any other IT related Systems.
- Responsible for completing maintenance, administration and regular monitoring checks to ensure that the Server and Desktop estate provides a robust and highly available platform
- Undertake day to day Operations ensuring that all Incidents, Service Requests (Jobs), Projects/Work Packages and Site Maintenance work is effectively supported making sure that the impact and disruption on the IT Services are kept to an absolute minimum.
- Ensure all Incident or Service Request/Jobs calls in the Technical Support queue are actioned as per the Service Level Targets
- Ensure all Server Data Backup/Restores are completed, to ensure that the integrity of the data is maintained, escalating any issues that cannot be resolved.
- Ensure that processes, policies and procedures are completed as per documentation
- Ensure that all statutory Health and Safety Policy requirements relating to the working environment are understood by all team members and carried out in accordance with that policy
- Escalate to the Technical Support Team Leader any issues with the services that will not meet the respective service/project delivery targets
- Completes any other relevant duties as directed by Technical Support Team Leader, Technical Support Manager or other members of the Management Team.
- Minimize service disruption when implementing projects, maintenance work and dealing with incidents
- Check for potential software vulnerabilities on a daily/weekly basis and provide a documented summary to the appropriate Customer Contact.
- Carry out routine maintenance, set up and install electronic equipment
- The job holder will be responsible for the activities required for the role, with further guidance provided by the Technical Support Team Leader
- The job holder will have their own demands on time and resource and the suitable applicant will manage the expectations and timescales put upon them whilst ensuring that each activity is receiving the required attention
As the role holder, it is your general duty to:
- Ensure your personal safety and the safety of others at all times;
- Co-operate with your line manager / team leader in meeting H&S requirements;
- Comply with all appropriate rules, instructions and procedures;
- Comply with Company Policies;
- Wear safety clothing as supplied;
- Conduct only tasks that you have been trained to do;
- Report any hazards or irregularities through the means provided.
- Further safety accountabilities that are job specific are referred to under the “Principal Accountabilities” section.
To join us as an Technical Support Intern, you’ll need to be currently studying towards a related Technical University degree. and proven customer service skills.
- Gap year in during any IT related university course.
- Good organizer, priority driven, and able to multi task to meet service priorities
- Methodical with attention to detail, but prepared to meet customer expectations
- Communicate effectively with good customer focus
- Good technical configuration and troubleshooting skills with all Windows operating systems
- Troubleshooting skills, ability to follow logical process to determine fault causes and follow to resolution.
What We Offer:
MAG offers a competitive salary (based on experience), pension, bonus, free parking and benefits package. We are an employer of choice and can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities.
MAG is a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations. As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.