National Express Operations Management Team is looking for a Service Support Manager to assist with the recruitment and training of the driver team based at Stansted Airport.
The Service Support Manager plays a key role in our business, ensuring effective Driver management is in place and sufficient level of assistance is provided to Operations Managers. Maintaining the standards and KPI's set within the parameters of the contract with Stansted Airport.
We are looking for strong people management skills, the ability to motivate and develop a team and previous experience, preferably from the passenger transportation or logistics industry.
We are constantly working towards improving the standard of services offered by National Express, ensuring that our business remains as the leader in the passenger transportation industry. An excellent knowledge of UK and EU Driver’s Hours Regulations as well as valid PCV licence and CPC qualifications are also required.
- Day to day support, coaching and guidance to our Drivers Manage and support with continuous recruitment campaigns Assist, motivate and help to develop individuals within our teams including supporting the Master Driver programme
- Conduct regular performance reviews, disciplinary and other activities related to company policies up to a pre-defined level
- Monitor staff performance, including absence and carry out regular assessment and fitness to work checks within the drivers population
- Ensure that all safety measures regarding policies, staffing and premises are in place and in line with current regulations and health & safety rules
- Complete all relevant documentation related to accidents, incidents and near misses
- Support Operations Managers during escalations and investigations
- Take part in additional ad-hoc projects when required
- Key skills and qualifications:
- Great working knowledge of UK and EU Driver’s Hours Regulations
- Strong people management skills and previous experience in managing large team Ability to motivate, coach and performance manage people
- Experience in conducting incident related meetings and investigations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal PC literacy and good knowledge on MS Office Valid PCV licence and CPC CIPD qualified (advantageous)
- Attractive salary
- Opportunity to develop within the industry leading brand
- Company pension
- Free Coach travel for you and your partner
- Employee Assistance Programme Variety of deals and discounts via NX portal
- Access to NX Health Bus
You may also have previous experience in the following:
operations manager, PCV, transport manager, logistics, passenger transport, public transport, airport, rail, training, recruitment, resourcing, HR.