∙Senior Chef – Escape Lounge - Stansted
∙Salary £30,748.00 inclusive of 17.5% shift allowance
∙Permanent Contract– 40 hours per week
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! Contributing more than £3b to the UK economy, our airports are 24/7 self-contained towns, with 6 million square feet of office space, high street shops, cafes, restaurants, parking, event locations and hotels (to name just some of our services) these are all accessed by great transport links and supported by our team of 5000+ MAG Colleagues.
We operate our unique Escape Lounge brand here at London Stansted Airport and We are currently recruiting for a Senior Chef to join our growing team
Take a look inside our lounges here - https://youtu.be/mjjeflocxzE
- To prepare, cook and deliver food in accordance with the agreed menu and Lounge Operating Procedures.
- To ensure the kitchen team work quickly and efficiently to produce food in high volumes with great attention to detail.
- To support and influence the team positively to deliver a high quality product.
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing and cooking all varieties of foods.
- Operate a variety of kitchen equipment.
- To work with the Commis Chef and Chef de Partie as appropriate to prepare foods to be cooked. Some of the preparation procedures are, but not limited to, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding.
- To ensure the food offering is presented to a high standard. Maintain the food offering ensuring presentation meets operating standards
- Maintain stock levels, receive delivery of supplies, ensure stored correctly, rotate and maintain. Notify the Duty Manager when more supplies are required.
- To assist with stock counts and compete the appropriate documentation.
- To complete required stock checks including temperature checks as per the required schedule and complete the appropriate documentation.
- Assist with clearing and organising the kitchen ensuring a high standard of hygiene. Ensure floors are swept, mopped or vacuumed and ensure equipment is cleaned, sanitised and stored correctly.
- Dispose of waste, including recycling, in the appropriate manner and if required to remove it to the designated location.
- Liaise with subcontracted suppliers, Airline representatives, handling agents and booking agents to develop positive working relationships to ensure the efficient operation of the Lounge
- Assist in one to one training of new staff, including subcontracted supplier staff, in order to uphold the high level of presentation, hospitality and service.
- Have a good knowledge of airport facilities to be able to answer guest queries and provide an excellent customer service.
- To work flexibly to the rota, typically shifts are confirmed at least one month in advance.
- NVQ Level 3 Chef de Partie or C&G Food production or equivalent.
- A solid background in hospitality and service sectors, with a proven track record of high end delivery.
- Undertaken a similar role or working as a Chef de Partie and ready for the next step.
- Demonstrate advanced skills and techniques in food production.
- Know how to handle and store product to maintain quality and in line with food safety legislation.
- A team player with an absolute first class approach to customer service, know how to brief and coach and team to deliver high quality dishes and menu items.
- Understand the principles of profit and loss and recognise how to support the overall financial performance of the business through operating efficiently to reduce wastage and deliver profit margins.
- Understand the principles of supply chain management, sustainable procurement and working practices in the kitchen.
- Recognise and understand the legislative responsibilities and the importance of protecting people’s health, safety and security.
- Know the key principles of risk assessment and how to identify, plan for and minimise risks to the service and operation.
- Numerical and written skills, capable of understanding written operating procedures, maintaining stock levels and undertaking stock checks.
- Computer literate on mainstream PC applications including Microsoft office.
Salary - £26,168.76 plus 17.5% shift allowance totalling £30,748.00.
This is a permanent contract working 40 hours per week.
Flexibility will be required as the lounge is open 7 days a week and shifts will fall between 3.30am – 10.00pm.
As a MAG employee you will have access to some great benefits including;
Free on-site Airport parking whilst on duty and also when you go on holiday (subject to availability)
Access to “Benefits me” reward portal
All colleague annual bonus scheme
∙ Meals on duty
24hour Employee Assistance Programme
Annual pay increase
Tax free airside shopping (Airside pass holders only)
MAG Pension scheme
Discounts on tram and train travel to work
Discounts on MAG products such as Escape Lounges and holiday parking at our other Airports
Advert will close once sufficient applications are received. Please apply as soon as possible by submitting covering letter and CV.
For current MAG employees applying for this role, applications will only be accepted through Colleague Self Service (CSS) - please follow this link: www.manchesterairport.co.uk/sf
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.