UK Liaison Manager
Ryanair is officially the Number 1 International Airline and operates more than 2000 flights per day from 87 Bases across Europe and North Africa with 1800+ Low Fare Routes across 33 countries, connecting 205 destinations.
Ryanair currently operates a fleet of 410 Boeing 737-800 Aircraft with deliveries of an additional 50 brand new Aircraft in 2018 alone. Ryanair and our Engineering partners are currently recruiting for a Base Liaison Manager (Base Project Manager) to be based at Stansted Airport, with the Role requiring an oversight of the UK Engineering Outstations Ryanair Bases in the UK and Europe.
Duties and responsibilities of Liaison Manager:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the managing of Staff, Rostering, Invoices, Routine Maintenance, Aircraft Incidents/AOG’s, Third Party Liaison, Base Housekeeping/Troubleshooting, Delay Reporting & New Base Set-Ups.
- Manage a team of Outstation Engineers, predominantly remotely.
- Manpower planning and recruitment
- Performance management
- Ensuring appropriate spares and equipment are available at each Base
- Negotiation and management of contracts with external suppliers/companies
- Investigating Maintenance Delays and implementing strategies to prevent recurrence
Experience and Qualifications of Liaison Manager:
- We are looking for a motivated self-starter with managerial experience who is ready, willing and able to manage small international teams in a highly task driven environment. Previous experience in Aviation or Engineering is not necessary but would be an advantage.
- Fast moving operational experience; retail, production, processing etc
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and to travel when required
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities
- Full computer literacy with experience of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet Explorer).
- Fluent English
- Experienced in managing people, especially managing small teams remotely
- The unrestricted right to work and travel in the EU