- Energy Manager – Stansted Airport
- Permanent role, great career opportunity
- Competitive salary (based on experience), plus up to 10% bonus and company benefits
This role will define and deliver Stansted’s Energy Management strategy, driving energy savings through optimisation of exiting assets and the introduction of new, more efficient assets to the airport estate. The successful candidate will maintain compliance with the relevant energy related regulations and legislation including but not limited to, Airport Carbon Accreditation and the Carbon trust standard.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! Behind the scenes thousands of MAG employees work tirelessly 24hrs a day, 7 days a week across numerous operational departments to ensure that our customers experience a seamless, enjoyable and safe travel experience.
- Ownership and development of the Stansted Airport Energy Management strategy (including gas, water and electricity) and the introduction and development of Science Based Targets (SBTs)
- Work with key stakeholders, consultants and contractors both internally and externally to deliver energy management initiatives identified in the Energy Management Strategy
- Ensure that all compliance obligations are met including the annual European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU-ETS), Carbon trust standard and ISO 50001 (Recognised Energy Management Standard)
- Transition from ISO50001:2011 to the new 2018 standard and integration of the Energy Management System with the Environment Management System
- Develop business cases and candidate forms for energy management initiatives and apply for the relevant capital funding
- Develop and report against Energy related Key Performance metrics (KPIs) to appropriate stakeholders
- Develop and implement communication plans to raise awareness of the importance of energy efficiency and to highlight the good work that Is happening at the airport.
- To direct and oversee energy data analysis and reporting and prioritisation of energy efficiency plans
A relevant qualification alongside strong experience in the delivery of objectives relating to energy management is key. Candidates with an electrical based qualification or equivalent experience alongside experience of EU-ETS submissions and developing compelling business cases for Energy schemes and initiatives is desirable for this role. The successful candidate will be able to influence others, manage projects from conception through to delivery and present complex information in a simple and easy to understand format. Excellent IT skills are required as the role is required to analyse and interpret data. An understanding and use of Building Management and lighting control systems to drive energy efficiency is also advantageous for this role.
What we offer
This position offers a competitive salary (based on experience), up to 10% bonus and company benefits. London Stansted employees benefit from complimentary staff parking or up to 80% public transport discount for those commuting to work by bus or train. London Stansted Airport is a large employer in the East of England and we can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities. Applications for this role close on May 8th and we look forward to receiving your application.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! They are 24/7 self-contained towns, with the wider property portfolio spanning 6m square feet of office space, high street shops, cafes, restaurants, event locations and corporate hospitality (to name just some of our services) these are all accessed by great transport links and monitored by 24hr security.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
To apply for this role please follow the weblink below.