Community Relations Advisor – Stansted Airport
· Permanent role, great career opportunity
· Starting salary of £27,378.24 rising to £30,348.48 post probation, plus company benefits
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), the Community Relations Advisor will work closely with the Corporate Affairs team and is responsible for protecting Stansted Airport’s reputation, ensuring positive engagement with the local communities around the airport. The role will have a specific focus on logging and responding to aircraft noise enquiries and managing the airport’s volunteering programme. The role holder will provide support as required across the other functions within the Corporate Affairs department (i.e. Public Affairs/Media/Employment Academy).
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! Behind the scenes thousands of MAG employees work tirelessly 24hrs a day, 7 days a week across numerous operational departments to ensure that our customers experience a seamless, enjoyable and safe travel experience.
· Be the first point of contact for the local community and external stakeholders for general queries relating to aircraft noise, community funds and volunteering. The role will respond efficiently and proactively, seeking resolutions and highlighting issues early
· Manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and Stansted Airport’s flight analysis facility (WebTrak). The role will also manage the airport noise scheme and respond to all community enquiries within the agreed timescales
· Compile data reports and briefings on noise management and volunteering at the airport
· Support community engagement events
· Be a credible and effective ambassador for the business
· Undertake other duties relevant to the CSR/Community Relations team as directed by the Head of CSR.
The successful candidate will have well-developed writing, summarising and listening skills, alongside excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting demands. Strong IT skills (including excel), experience of CRM databases and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines on complex issues are key for this role. The successful candidate will be customer focused, being ideas driven with a ‘can do’ approach’.
What we offer
This position offers a starting salary of £27,378.24 rising to £30,348.48 post probation, plus company benefits. London Stansted employees benefit from complimentary staff parking or up to 80% public transport discount for those commuting to work by bus or train. London Stansted Airport is a large employer in the East of England and we can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities. Applications for this role close on May 8th and we look forward to receiving your application.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! They are 24/7 self-contained towns, with the wider property portfolio spanning 6m square feet of office space, high street shops, cafes, restaurants, event locations and corporate hospitality (to name just some of our services) these are all accessed by great transport links and monitored by 24hr security.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
To apply for this role please visit the website linked below