· Head of Health & Safety – Stansted Airport
· Permanent role, great career opportunity
· Competitive Salary, up to 20% bonus, car allowance and company benefits
Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will provide leadership and strategic direction on Health and Safety (H&S) for London Stansted Airport (STN). The role will need to ensure that H&S issues are properly integrated in all business processes, supported by an effective H&S team.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! Behind the scenes thousands of MAG employees work tirelessly 24hrs a day, 7 days a week across numerous operational departments to ensure that our customers experience a seamless, enjoyable and safe travel experience.
· Act as the subject matter expert regarding the Airport’s H&S performance to the Operations Director
· Own, develop and implement MAG Group H&S policy & strategy at STN
· Provide leadership, guidance and direction in H&S best practice to Senior Management teams including Legal Compliance
· Manage the STN Risk Governance process to report and challenge H&S performance. You will identify risk, resolve and continually drive improvements in H&S management
· Develop, maintain and ensure delivery of a H&S Risk Register in line with the risk management system
· Design and implement training material to raise H&S awareness among all employees and improve management understanding of H&S responsibilities
· Develop a proactive, visible and engaged H&S team that meets the needs of the business in achieving operational H&S excellence
· Engage external stakeholders and regulators to optimise H&S performance and enhance the reputation of STN
· Work with the Human Resources team to shape the Occupational Health strategy
· Manage the STN H&S budget completing planning and review meetings with Finance
· Participate in projects and working parties and carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for personal development, or as may be reasonably required by the Company
For this role extensive experience in Health and Safety at a senior level within a large organisation is essential. You will have a proven track record in the delivery of business objectives and H&S management systems and ideally hold a recognised H&S qualification/be a member of a relevant H&S institution. As leadership is key to this role excellent negotiation and influencing skills, alongside experience of being a key decision-maker is required. You will have strong knowledge of continuous improvement and corrective/preventative action techniques and be accident investigator and auditor trained.
What we offer
This position offers a MAG 5 salary, up to 20% bonus, car allowance and company benefits. London Stansted employees benefit from complimentary staff parking or up to 80% public transport discount for those commuting to work by bus or train. London Stansted Airport is a large employer in the East of England and we can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities. Applications for this role close on May 9th and we look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for this role please follow the website link below.