OmniServ has an exciting opportunity available for a Ground Handling Agent to join Blue
Handling team at Stansted Airport.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced and varied environment along with providing a first-class
service, then this could be ideal role for you
• Responsible for ensuring the Ryanair Operational Priorities, Safety, Service and
Simplicity are delivered consistently
• Reporting into the team leader ensuring punctual activities for aircraft operations.
• Assist and drive the safe unloading and loading of customer baggage, aircraft service
freight, company mail and any other items.
• Deliver customer luggage to the reclaim area in whilst meeting set SLA’s and
identifying opportunities to reduce baggage delivery times.
• Load/unload customer wheelchairs, EMA’s and child strollers and deliver to
• Provide specialist handling of luggage as required/instructed.
• Carry out all trained duties for a safe and punctual arrival and departure.
• Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include pushback tugs,
Electric baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, baggage belt loaders, aircraft
ground power units, tow bars, air-start units, freight loaders, aircraft de-icing rigs, and
any other equipment as trained.
• Inspect before and after operations all used equipment and report all malfunctions
and defects in required manner and remove from operation if required.
• Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier
• Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times.
• Flexible and dynamic at all times. As required, can be deployed to support other
functions and teams and encourage ‘teamwork’ across all areas.
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures
and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner –
ONLY OPERATE EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO USE.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong written and spoken communication skills.
• A polite and professional approach.
• The ability to solve problems.
• The ability to deal tactfully with upset or angry passengers.
• IT skills.
Essential Criteria for an Airside Pass
To be considered for the role you will need to provide the following:
• Full 5 years history that accounts for all periods of employment, self-employment,
unemployment and education (any gaps over 28 days must be verified)
• Valid photographic proof of identity e.g. passport or driving licence
• Valid Visa/Proof of right to work for non UK and out of EU nationals
• Proof of National Insurance No. (or evidence that you have applied for one)
• Proof of identity and address (Utility bill, bank statement, etc.)
• Acceptance of and willingness to undergo a Criminal Record Check (CRC)* and
Airside Security Clearance
• Where an individual has resided 6 months or more outside the UK in the last 5 years,
the appropriate clearance must be obtained i.e. Overseas Criminal Record Check
(OCRC) from the country of origin