Associate Finance Business Partner (Commercial) - Stansted
· Analyse and challenge commercial performance
· Salary: Up to £60k (dependent upon experience) + bonus + pension and fantastic flexible benefits
We are seeking a commercially-focused Associate Finance Business Partner to join our team at Stansted Airport. Working with the Senior Finance Business Partner, you will analyse and challenge all aspects of Commercial performance with a key focus on Aviation. You’ll gain great exposure to Commercial senior leaders as your key stakeholders. You’ll provide decision making support through first class financial information reporting, analysis, insight and challenge, that links financial reports to business strategies and maintains strong governance and financial control.
· Investigate performance and trends, risks and opportunities to provide critical data to decision-makers.
· Produce annual budgets, regular reforecasts and weekly estimates, maintaining robust financial control.
· Provide appropriate levels of challenge to the business with the aim of maximising business profit and controlling costs.
· Analyse proposals for commercial contracts including scenario modelling and sensitivities.
· Lead on future price-setting process including regulated charges, annual charge amendments & analysing impacts from price changes
· Support development of medium and long term business plans including appropriate performance targets and metrics.
· Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent qualification).
· PQE experience within a commercially focused role in a fast moving, similar size organisation, where you have successfully managed and prioritised the demands of multiple stakeholders.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for building successful relationships with senior Commercial stakeholders, able to constructively challenge where required.
· Self-motivated and driven. Able to manage workload and time effectively, responsive to changing business needs, able to work well under pressure.
· Pro-active with a passion for analysis and a strong desire to develop knowledge across all areas of the business.
· Proven track record in analytical skills; excellent attention to detail and commercial acumen.
· Considerable experience in reporting, financial analysis, management accounting and system dashboard skills.
· Experience of thinking around problems, identifying and then implementing solutions.
· Strong IT system orientation including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills and experience of financial modelling. Knowledge of SAP will be beneficial though not essential.
· Ability to consolidate and present financial information in different formats and to be able to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable conclusions using business knowledge.
MAG is a leading UK airport group and owns and operates three UK airports - Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands and employs over 6000 people. The Group sees over 58 million passengers flying through its airports every year. MAG also has a substantial property business, with over £525 million of investment property assets across its airports, and has a 50% investment in the £1 billion, 5 million sq ft Airport City development at Manchester Airport. Its MAG USA business works with airports to develop and operate terminal and retail solutions, passenger lounges and car parking facilities.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.