- Head of Business Continuity & Resilience, Stansted Airport
- Permanent role, great career opportunity
- Competitive salary (based on experience), plus company benefits
This newly created role will provide leadership and direction on business continuity and operational resilience matters, commensurate with regulatory requirements, industry standards and MAG group policy. The role is responsible for ensuring business continuity is fully integrated into all business and operational processes through the development of quality management systems and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The post holder will be a trusted adviser to the Stansted Airport Leadership Team, ensuring key performance indicators and business reputation is preserved. The role will require the post holder to operate across the airport wider community and work within best practice principles of Contingency Planning, Business Continuity and Crisis management.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! Behind the scenes thousands of MAG employees work tirelessly 24hrs a day, 7 days a week across numerous operational departments to ensure that our customers experience a seamless, enjoyable and safe travel experience.
- Implement/assure ongoing compliance with Group Business Continuity Policy, through effective implementation of an accredited Business Continuity Management System
- Maintain a Business Continuity Risk Register, ensuring the Airport Leadership Team are fully appraised of risks and that mitigation strategies are developed and implemented
- Contribute to development of operational and capital investment plans to ensure business continuity risk is continually managed throughout infrastructure and business change programmes
- Contribute to development of asset and maintenance standards to ensure adequate resilience, contingency and operational recovery procedures are in place
- Provide guidance, direction and leadership on development and management of Business Continuity and Recovery Plans, including training and competency requirements for employees
- Develop assurance systems to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the Business Continuity System, using recognised testing and auditing techniques
- Ensure integration and alignment of business continuity plans for critical service partners and suppliers, influencing continuous improvement and robust contract management principles
- Manage implementation, development and maintenance of an airport emergency management system to ensure the highest standards of information management, stakeholder engagement and decision making
- Ensure lessons learned from disruption events and incidents are captured and acted upon, through an effective debriefing process. This will include events from other global airports and industries
- Lead contingency planning teams and act as a trusted advisor to Operational Managers and Airport Leadership Team
- Ensure Group Business Continuity Plans for IT, HR, Capital Delivery and Media Relations are aligned and adequately support the Airport Business Continuity Plan
- Develop and manage the Incident Management and Business Continuity Team resources, procedures, guidance and rosters; including the ongoing training of responsible post holders
- Develop and maintain the airport’s Incident Management Centre, including associated IT and communication systems, commensurate with the total Airport Management Strategy
- Oversee and administer the Stansted Airport Business Continuity Board and associated sub-committees, including the provision of management information reporting and business intelligence
- Represent Stansted Airport through active involvement in local, regional and national planning forums, thus ensuring Stansted Airport’s resilience and meets with the expectations of customers
For this role the following skill set is desirable;
- Certification in Business Continuity or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience of developing effective Business Continuity Management Systems in a complex multi-functional business environment
- Experience of supporting and advising senior business leaders up to Managing Director/Chief Executive level
- Demonstrable experience of engaging multi-functional teams and operational managers within a complex business environment
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and corrective/preventative action techniques
What we offer
Stansted offers a competitive salary (based on experience) including up to 20% bonus, car allowance, pension and complimentary employee parking. Stansted is a large employer in the East of England and we can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities. Applications for this role will close 08/3/19, we look forward to receiving your application.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports. However, our airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! They are 24/7 self-contained towns, with the wider property portfolio spanning 6m square feet of office space, high street shops, cafes, restaurants, event locations and corporate hospitality (to name just some of our services) these are all accessed by great transport links and monitored by 24hr security.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.