A Project Engineer is accountable for the delivery of Infrastructure Change from inception to implementation, incorporating IT Change, in response to identified and prioritised business need, using agreed processes and methodologies. Change is delivered within the recognised parameters of Cost, Quality and Timescale.
The role holder provides leadership, advice and assistance in any area associated with the Infrastructure Change so the identified benefits are delivered for the investment.
The role holder may sometimes be accountable for the delivery of a business change project, including those areas not directly within the scope of the IT department, as required. Including but not limited to - Air Conditioning \ UPS \ Electrical associated components.
Working across all areas of the business to ensure the right level of input and engagement is achieved from all interested parties, the role holder will create and manage a plan for each project that is to be delivered, to ensure good control and high quality delivery.
- Deliver a portfolio of IT enabled Infrastructure Change projects in response to business need.
- Manage the analysis to ensure requirements are understood, clear and approved by the stakeholders.
- Manage the identification of the most appropriate solution in response to each business need.
- Manage the implementation of each project covering all standard project management activities under structured methods such as definition, planning, financial control, risks, issues change management etc. in each project.
- Manage third party suppliers in the successful delivery of services in support of the portfolio.
- Provide informative reporting to the Programme Manager, and if required, to SLT and Executive level stakeholders.
- Escalation of risks and issues in a timely manner
- Management of costs and change requests
- Competing resource demands to deliver projects
- Third party contractual commitments and balancing Business needs
- Project management experience across a range of industries
- Prince 2 certified or an equivocal qualification
- Fully understand the project lifecycle.
- Experience of co-ordinating business analysis and UAT across multiple functions and site locations
- Demonstrable track record of delivering in complex infrastructure environments, with experience backed up by qualifications including but not limited to structured cabling, power management, environment management, quality management, and lifecycle.
- Analytical approach to problem solving, combined with a creative flair and commercial awareness.
- Able to negotiate desired outcomes from stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong succinct communication verbal, written and presentational