MAG is the country’s largest airport group serving 60 million passengers annually across 250+ routes. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports along with a growing portfolio of airport lounges and carparks across the U.S. MAG has enjoyed year on year growth contributing over £3b to the UK economy with a turnover in excess of £580m.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the creation and effective delivery of two-way internal communication and engagement at London Stansted Airport.
This role will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating internal communication and engagement at London Stansted Airport with an audience in excess of 1500 people. You will also be responsible for managing local budgets to support the effective delivery of employee communications and engagement.
Other duties include –
- Ownership of the internal communications and engagement strategy for London Stansted Airport
- Implementation of the day-to-day plan for international communications and engagement at London Stansted.
- Work with key stakeholders (HR Director, Corporate Affairs Directors and the Airport Leadership Team) to understand current and future business needs and align these to the internal communications and engagement strategy and plan
- Provides advice and guidance to airport leaders and senior managers based on best practice, experience and acquired knowledge, on internal communication and engagement strategies and translates this into effective plans and deliverables
- To work with the Head of Internal Communications and Engagement, and the wider MAG team, to deliver pan-group strategic campaigns and initiatives
- Responsible for the creation of a wide range of internal communications targeted at different audiences including written, printed and filmed communications along with the organisation of relevant employee events e.g. all colleague briefings
- Ensure all internal communication channels at London Stansted are kept up-to-date and relevant
- To develop close relationships with internal and external stakeholders across London Stansted to ensure internal communications reflect the needs and requirements of its audiences
- Responsible for running the regular engagement surveys and related activity for London Stansted Airport
- To measure the effectiveness of internal communications and engagement on an on-going basis and make recommendations to review and amend the strategy as appropriate
- Strong internal communications and engagement experience preferably within the transport sector
- Highly-motivated, creative individual with strong project management skills who is able to work on their own initiative, deliver to tight deadlines/budgets and build strong working relationships
- Experience in successfully influencing and managing stakeholder relationships at senior levels and across functions
- Experience in the successful management and delivery of complex change programmes
- In depth knowledge of effective communications techniques and delivery across the full range of face-to-face, digital (including social media), print and broadcast communication channels
- Proven ability to identify communications and engagement opportunities, provide practical and pro-active guidance and support to address business and operational issues in a customer-facing environment.
- Demonstrates a strong passion for engagement and keeping up-to-date with the latest thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ability to multi task and work well under pressure Proficiency in photoshop and video editing a plus
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.