Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the main responsibilities of the job are:
- Aircraft handling duties to include meeting and departing aircraft, towing and manoeuvring aircraft to and from departure stands and the use of ground equipment to support aircraft movements.
- The use of and to be familiar with ground equipment to support the above, including aircraft push back tugs, hi-loaders, fork lift trucks and ground power units.
- General servicing of ground equipment and company fleet of road-going vehicles.
- Maintaining, reporting defects and keeping records of all maintenance of the company vehicles and ground equipment
- In conjunction with the Facilities Co-Ordinator, identify the equipment needs to support the operation and locate and negotiate the price of the equipment and submit the CAPEX to the Engineering Director.
- Assisting the Facilities Co-Ordinator with employee training on handling of aircraft and the use of company plant and equipment.
- Notifying the Facilities Co-Ordinator of any deficiencies/defects observed whilst carrying out allocated tasks/duties.
- Carrying out all tasks/duties in the Ground Handling Manual.
- Maintain awareness and consideration of Human Factors and the Company Health & Safety Policy.
Experience / Profile:
- Previous experience in aircraft handling and maintenance of ground support equipment.
- Tug driving experience an advantage.
- Full, current and unrestricted driving licence.
- The ability to reside, work and travel freely within the EU.
- Be able to provide information for five year employment/education references and Criminal Records Check (for UK and Overseas if applicable).
- Shift work, predominately nights.