Titan Airways currently has a vacancy for a Technical Services Engineer at our hangar at London Stansted Airport. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager for an expanding Part M team working to support the Continued Airworthiness Management team and to act as cover for planning requirements during leave.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are;
- The review of Airworthiness Directive, Services Bulletin and Service Letter recommendations to ensure timely implementation of the modifications on to the ﬂeet.
- The review of technical data from aircraft manufacturers, regulatory authority and other industry sources to ensure the ﬂeet remains compliant with all required legislation.
- Review of the base maintenance work scopes with the Maintenance Manager prior to sending to the selected MROs for quotations.
- Close, day to day liaison with the Technical Controllers and Head of Maintenance, ensuring any queries with the aircraft or associated technical documentation is resolved as soon as possible.
- The production of staged work cards and accurate accomplishment instructions for Service Bulletins, Service Letters, STCs and any other modification to be carried out on the ﬂeet aircraft.
- Ensure that all Service Bulletin kits and other such modification material are identified and passed onto Procurement for ordering.
- Assisting the Interiors Manager where required with interior modifications that aﬀect other aircraft systems.
- Carry out research into repetitive defects in conjunction with the Reliability Engineer, as identified by the Maintenance Manager, for research and referral to the TC holder, if required, and the issue of remedial actions to Technical Control.
- Assisting the Titan Airways base maintenance liaison engineer and MRO during base maintenance checks where aircraft historical information or assistance with the TC or STC holder is required.
- Assisting the Engineering Director during ﬂeet transitions where technical support to deal with aircraft specification diﬀerences or other such assistance is required.
- Assisting the Reliability Engineer on the research and completion of Technical Occurrence Reports to ensure root cause analysis is completed and, where applicable, preventative actions are in place to prevent further occurrences.
- The monitoring of the engine trend data, as produced by the contracted engine trend- monitoring supplier and liaison with the manufacturer when adverse trends are observed. (Mechanical only)
- Production and updating of the aircraft damage charts and repair files to ensure that the version carried in the tech log is the most up to date. (Mechanical only)
- Assisting ﬂight operations staﬀ in the production and amendment of the Minimum Equipment Lists, ensuring all STC holder data is included and the writing and publishing of Engineering Bulletins.
- Any other duties as requested by the Technical Services Manager or Engineering Director
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Either a Degree in aircraft related engineering or A/B1/B2 licence.
- Experience in a Continuous Airworthiness environment
- Experience of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of computer based Part M management software
- Full, current driving licence.
- Ability to work and reside in the EU
- Ability to provide information to enable five year referencing for an airside ID
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drugs and alcohol test