About the Company
Manchester Airports Group (MAG) is the country’s largest UK-owned airport operator. Our three airports - Stansted, East Midlands and Manchester – serve around 44 million passengers every year. Our airports are multi-award-winning businesses responsible for directly employing, training and developing thousands of people.
Our Lounges provide a warm and friendly welcome to our customers, offering good quality food and drink before flying
The Catering Apprentice will work within the Escape Lounge team at Stansted Airport whilst studying at college 1 day a week towards a level 2 Commis Chef qualification.
- To prepare, cook and serve high quality food for customers, ensuring that all tasks associated with food production are performed to Lounge standards and with regard for food safety regulations. Some of the preparation procedures are, but not limited to, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding.
- Ensure the kitchen and product stores are effectively maintained, clean and orderly and in compliance with legislative requirements.
- To work to the Lounge Standard Operating Procedures
- Comply with all legislative requirements.
- Undertake a course of study on a day release programme resulting in the achievement of a recognised qualification
- Work to achieve any departmental targets that may be set for the unit as part of MAG’s values and vision
- Be committed to long term learning and self-development whilst displaying flexibility and being able to accept feedback on personal performance and areas for development
- Must be a team player, able to work successfully with others at all levels by demonstrating effective two-way communication skills with peers, managers and customers
- Must be willing to learn and have a desire to achieve a recognise qualification in Catering (level 2 diploma or equivalent)
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Have the ability to seek assistance from peers and managers when required
- Highly Motivated
5 GCSE’s grade A* - D including English and Maths