MAG is a leading UK airport group and owns and operates three UK airports - Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands. The Group sees over 58 million passengers flying through its airports every year. MAG also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports. MAG USA business works with airports to develop and operate terminal and retail solutions, passenger lounges and car parking facilities.
- Member of the MAG Capacity Planning function.
- Support the Capacity Planning Manager identifying capacity needs and creating long-term capacity development plans that facilitate the sustainable development of MAG Airports.
- Plan and manage surveys and research to capture data and insight necessary to undertake operational analysis of airport processes. Undertake internal and external research to establish trends, identify innovative solutions, and benchmark performance.
- Draw on demand forecasting, operational analysis and simulation skills to provide a commercially focused Airport Planning and Operational Research function by
- Working with Commercial stakeholders to forecast future demand;
- Working with Operational stakeholders to understand operational performance;
- Undertaking research and analysis, including simulation modelling, to inform the development of innovative capacity solutions.
- Support the development of Planning Standards that reflect the emerging requirements of the Business, and help develop plans and solutions to meet those requirements.
- Help develop a suite of planning tools and simulation models to perform operational analysis of the airport environment and investigate the impact of changes in demand, capacity and process.
- Experience within the Transport sector, preferably Aviation, with an understanding of key airport processes and operations.
- Experienced in a transport planning, operational research, performance analysis or engineering.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of appropriate tools and techniques.
- Demonstrable experience using simulation and/or planning tools to undertake operational analysis and develop planning models.
- Proficiency to an advanced level with Microsoft Office Tools, principally Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience with airport simulation tools such as Arcport or CAST, Arena, SIMMOD.
- Ability to identify and develop innovative approaches to current problems.
- Ability to assimilate multiple needs and data sources to inform analyses and solution development.
- Strong commercial awareness, with the ability to harness Operational Research and technical expertise to make commercial decisions.
- Ability to manage stakeholders at a management level, with good influencing and facilitation skills.
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate data and information in a manner that is readily understood by a wide and varied audience.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to manage own time and those of external consultants to achieve desired objectives and deliver results in a timely manner.
What we offer:
We are offering a competitive salary of up to £40k (dependent upon experience) plus benefits.