- Asset Drawing Manager – Stansted Airport
- Permanent role, great career opportunity
- Competitive salary up to £50,000 (based on experience), up to 10% bonus plus excellent company benefits
The role will lead the development and management of the airport’s drawing records, surveys and asset information database. You will have accountability for maintaining the Computer Aided Design (CAD) library of data-sets which are critical to the support and development of Stansted airport assets.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group. Our assets include Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airport. Stansted Airport is much more than simply the place a holiday starts. Our Airport is transforming, going through a period of growth and change and is committed to ensuring our customers’ needs continue to be met through excellent and consistent standards.
- Manage drawing records for use by various internal and external partners
- Manage and develop processes and systems to ensure up-to-date, accurate and complete asset drawing information.
- Contribution to MAG Group strategy for CAD, BIM (building information modelling) and GIS (geographical information system) and implement at Stansted Airport
- Manage and implement CAD, BIM and GIS group policy’s standards.
- Manage and develop the drawing records team to improve service offer and delivery.
- Lead the relationship management with other departments and third parties for all aspects of drawing and BIM management.
- Develop and manage a process for capturing and logging all survey information to ensure control, co-ordination and efficiency of resources.
- Manage and develop systems to enable the control and adherence to MAG standards when updating existing or creating master drawing sets from submitted 'as built' drawing data.
- Lead best practice management of survey datasets and maintenance of metadata to agreed standards.
- Manage the systems that support the drawing database and provide leadership to ensure we use current technology.
- Develop, implement and manage the governance process for the drawing database and access to it.
- Support the process to develop a location hierarchy for assets at Stansted Airport, ensuring that the location and asset data is accurate, reliable and complete and in line with the completion of MAG registration and deregistration processes.
- Maintain and develop CAD datasets to meet the requirements of MAG Standards.
- Accountable for managing the accuracy of all drawn information for assets at Stansted Airport.
The ideal candidate will be a CAD certified practitioner with accompanying work experience, and excellent IT skills including RIVET (computer software to create building models), awareness of BIM and GIS practices and capabilities. Knowledge of the asset lifecycle processes in Asset Management (or Facilities Management/Project Delivery) is desirable.
What we offer
This role offers a competitive salary up to £50,000 (based on experience), alongside up to 10% bonus and generous company benefits. Stansted is a large employer in the East of England, currently experiencing high growth and we can offer unparalleled career and development opportunities.