Quantity Surveyor - Stansted
Salary £30,000 – 35,000
Do you want to join the largest UK owned airport operator? A position is now available in our Procurement & Contracts team based at Stansted Airport.
Manchester Airport Group serves circa 48 million passengers and handles almost 500,000 tonnes of freight per year via our airports; Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands.
This is your opportunity to join this exciting and ambitious business at a time of growth. Our overall vision as a group is to be the premier airport management and services company and we are striving towards this within every element of our business.
The Quantity Surveyor role will support the provision of a full range of procurement, commercial, contract formulation / management and supplier relationship duties for all capital and construction expenditure activity.
In addition, the post holder will be play a key part in implementing sound commercial governance, control and best practice procurement, contract management and supplier relationship management.
Typical duties will include;
- Responsibility for providing an end to end service to the Engineering Services and Asset Management client organisations and other business areas as required.
- Procurement & Contracts delivery on various projects within a specific Airport location and across the wider MAG Group as required within the capital and construction category area.
- To implement contract strategies which support the Airports and wider Group business needs and which align with organisational objectives, values, vision and goals and drive best value, working collaboratively with colleagues across the Group to maximise business benefit and will ensure compliance with OJEU regulations (Utilities Directives), internal processes and other relevant Legislation.
- Supporting a Contract Management and Supplier Relationship Management approach across the capital programme to maximise end to end value opportunities through the supplier/contract relationships.
- Maintain an understanding of the environment/market within which the category of supply operates and the risks and opportunities presented by the dynamics of that environment.
- Monitor/benchmark the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their products skills and experience.
- The role holder will develop working relationships with internal stakeholders and contractors and will promote a continuous performance improvement ethos.
- Support the delivery of year on year savings and qualitative improvements, identify and track savings and benefits following the implementation of category strategies and Framework Agreements and procurement activity and will be a key driver of cost effectiveness, value, quality and efficiency.
- Current Procurement experience, with knowledge in capital/construction area is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic contract law and experience of contract formation and basic contract administration / management.
- Knowledge and experience of tender processes and relevant OJEU regulations (Utilities Contract Regulations as amended 2016)
- Retain excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement
- RICS or equivalent commercial qualification (eg: MCIPS) or an interest in studying towards RICS or equivalent commercial qualification is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of EU Procurement Regulations and application under UCR (Utilities Contracts Regulations as amended 2010) and different forms of contracts and commercial models including extensive NEC experience.
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary with a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme and an annual bonus scheme.
This advert will close once we have received sufficient applicants.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.