Continuous Improvement Manager – Stansted Airport
Circa £50,000 plus benefits
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities in order to improve overall performance of the Landside Operations department.
- Create a change management process and tools to support the adoption of changes required within the operation.
- Review and analyse day to day performance and provide effective feedback to improve and drive consistency of operational delivery
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of onward communications.
- Work at a Senior level to define and agree the medium and long-term strategies, aligned to strategic business objectives, for continuous improvement opportunities in the landside operations directorate.
- Lead a matrixed managed team to deliver the approved continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct analysis, reporting on the impact of change.
- Assess change readiness and identify any key stakeholders.
- Identify and prepare risk mitigation tactics.
- Integrate change management activities into overall project plan.
Facts and Figures
This role does not have direct line manager responsibility, however it is responsible for driving outcomes through others.
- Review operational performance to establish performance trends to inform resource and flow planning, identifying any risks to budget
- Track the day/week/hour performance and making the required change to process procedures
- Deliver standardised ways of working into the operation to improve overall performance
- Provide operational leadership, engage and influence colleagues and work with them to improve activity
- Strong and effective engagement with senior stakeholders, typically up to Director level, to define and agree the CI programme/projects with benefits that significantly contribute to the achievement of the strategic targets
- Governance and Reporting: Establish and manage a programme governance structure, with different levels of stakeholder input, to effectively control each project and work stream whilst exercising optimal control at the programme level. Work closely with the accountable Director to provide regular status reporting and solutions-driven contingency plans.
- CI Programme/Project Control and Delivery: Provide a programme control framework aligned to agreed CI standards and methodologies within which costs, benefits, risks, issues, quality and delivery can be measured.
- Be highly effective at collaborating with colleagues in Transformation (i.e. Architects, Business Analysts, Delivery) to ensure that integration solutions are delivered and business processes are changed, where applicable.
- Internal/External Relationships: Build and maintain external and internal networks to identify best practice and to build the profile of the Continuous Improvement function and broader I&I community.
- Promote a Continuous Improvement culture across the operation
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Passionate about making a difference
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrable experience of improving performance by introducing more efficient working practices/technology
- Experience of applying practical application of change and balancing business benefit v employee
- Strong communication and influencing skills, resilient and able to effectively manage relationships
- Analytical thinking and ability to interpret data
- Proven planning capability
- Computer literate; Microsoft Word, Excel and Office
- Operational management experience
- Ability to communicate at all level
- Responsible for identifying performance issues and producing workable, joined up improvement plans to ensure delivery against KPIs
- To review and measure impact of improvement plans / change activity and embed improvements across the car parking operation to ensure change is implemented and embedded
- Provide support and coaching to managers and supervisors to help their direct reports through transitions.
- Benefits realisation, ROI and the achievement of outcomes and results
Key Contacts and Relationships
- Landside Operations leadership team and colleagues
- HR leadership team and colleagues
- Regulatory authorities
- Trade Unions