Blue Handling has an exciting opportunity available for a number of Baggage Handlers (GHA) role to join our team at Stansted Airport
If you enjoy working in a fast paced and varied environment along with providing a first-class service, then this could be ideal role for you
- Directly reports to the Ramp Team Leader
- Ability to work unsociable hours
- Responsible for ensuring the Ryanair Operational Priorities, Safety, Service and Simplicity are delivered consistently
- Reporting into the team leader ensuring punctual activities for aircraft operations.
- Assist and drive the safe unloading and loading of customer baggage, aircraft service freight, company mail and any other items. Please note full UK/EU licence cat B is mandatory for this role
- Deliver customer luggage to the reclaim area in whilst meeting set SLA’s and identifying opportunities to reduce baggage delivery times.
- Load/unload customer wheelchairs, EMA’s and child strollers and deliver to designated locations.
- Provide specialist handling of luggage as required/instructed.
- Carry out all trained duties for a safe and punctual arrival and departure.
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include pushback tugs, Electric baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, baggage belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, air-start units, freight loaders, aircraft de-icing rigs, and any other equipment as trained.
- Inspect before and after operations all used equipment and report all malfunctions and defects in required manner and remove from operation if required.
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times.
- Flexible and dynamic at all times. As required, can be deployed to support other functions and teams and encourage ‘teamwork’ across all areas.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner – ONLY OPERATE EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO USE.
- Full UK driving licence is mandatory for this role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- A polite and professional approach.
- The ability to solve problems.
- The ability to deal tactfully with upset or angry passengers.
- IT skills.
Essential Criteria for an Airside Pass
To be considered for the role you will need to provide the following:
- Full 5 years history that accounts for all periods of employment, self-employment, unemployment and education (any gaps over 28 days must be verified)
- Valid photographic proof of identity e.g. passport or driving licence
- Valid Visa/Proof of right to work for non UK and out of EU nationals
- Proof of National Insurance No. (or evidence that you have applied for one)
- Proof of identity and address (Utility bill, bank statement, etc.)
- Acceptance of and willingness to undergo a Criminal Record Check (CRC)* and Airside Security Clearance
- Where an individual has resided 6 months or more outside the UK in the last 5 years, the appropriate clearance must be obtained i.e. Overseas Criminal Record Check (OCRC) from the country of origin
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.50 /hour
- aviation: 1 year (Preferred)
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)