Worldwide charter operator, Titan Airways is looking for an Operations Controller to join our 24-hour Operations team. The Operations Controllers work around the clock on a 12-hour day and night shifts pattern managing our fleet of narrow and wide body Airbus and Boeing aircraft operating around the globe.
The candidate should have a proactive, organised and calm approach to work and be able to work in a face paced and dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Operations Control Manager, the Operations Controllers are responsible for: -
- Ensuring a timely flight watch of the Titan Airways fleet.
- Operational troubleshooting and programme management.
- Co-ordinating and arranging ground handling, fuel, permits, hotels and transport.
- Flight planning and despatch of all flights – including ETOPS flights.
- Filing of ATC flight plans and liaison with flow management centres.
- Proactive weather and NOTAM checking before company operations.
- Ensuring all operations and Crew follow the Company Flight Time Limitations scheme, considering any operational impact on the day of operation.
- Pre-flight briefing of Crew on the operations they are to undertake, including notifying flying staff of any potential hazard to safety.
- Communications to internal and external parties and customers when significant events are anticipated or experienced.
- Escalation of issues in a timely fashion where input is required by other departments or organisations.
- Ensuring that, in the case of an emergency, procedures as laid down in the Emergency Response Manual are initiated.
Experience / Profile
- A dynamic, self motivated individual who can keep a calm head and manage a fast paced operation.
- Excellent communicator, who can engage with individuals from all levels within the business and other external parties.
- A problem solver, who relishes a challenge and tackles it head on and is able to capitalise on commercial opportunities.
- Previous experience in a fast paced operational environment is preferable.
- Computer literate, able to pick up new systems quickly. Previous systems experience is preferable.
- Right to live and work in the EU.
- FAA Dispatchers Licence is preferable however Company sponsorship to complete this course will be considered after probation.
Interviews to be held on 28th January 2020 in the Stansted area.