Job Title: Resilience Team Member
Location: Stansted Airport
Reporting To: Duty Manager
Salary £9.00 per hour
Blackjack Promotions are currently looking to recruit keen/eager/flexible people for their Resilience Team based at Stansted Airport. Primarily the role will involve assisting passengers with reduced mobility, to get to and from the aircraft and to relevant airport terminal points. In time this position will lead to working within other area’s/clients within Stansted Airport, in a variety of different roles.
- Collect passengers and take them through security and passport control, down to the boarding gate or airside Host point.
- Ensure the collection of wheelchairs from relevant points in the airport terminal and place in required storage areas.
- Collect arriving passengers from the aircraft, take them through immigration/passport control and to the baggage hall to identify their baggage. Then through HM Customs to the arrival’s hall.
- Greet passengers as trained, always ask what assistance is enquired, explain the process to the passenger and prepare them for security.
- Follow protocol for Staxi chairs.
- Deal with transfer passengers (inter-terminal).
- Complete all jobs correctly on the handheld devices
- Call Allocators to inform them of all extra passengers.
- During delays or disruption, liaise with the Allocator and Handling Agent to ensure that PRM’s are kept up to date.
- Drive passengers within Airport terminals on board buggy.
- Provide manual lifting assistance as required using the Amazon or aisle chair.
- Ensure inform is constantly updated with your progress with the passenger
- Be responsible for all Company equipment issued to you on a daily basis
- Complete an Incident/Accident Report for any issue you may encounter, including any near miss events (recording any injuries as a result of an accident to yourself or customers).
- Provide legendary service to all passengers
- Wear uniform correctly
- Follow correct sign in/out process
We are looking for people who can commit to working Monday, Thursday & Saturday (04:00 to 12:00) each week, with the opportunity to work more hours for those that wish to do so.
- 80% subsidy on Stansted Travel card
- Training Carrier Progression
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- A polite and professional approach.
- The ability to solve problems.
- The ability to deal tactfully with upset or angry passengers.
- IT skills.
Essential Criteria for an Airside Pass
To be considered for the role you will need to provide the following:
- Full 5 years history that accounts for all periods of employment, self-employment, unemployment and education (any gaps over 28 days must be verified)
- Valid photographic proof of identity e.g. passport
- Valid Visa/Proof of right to work for non UK and out of EU nationals
- Proof of National Insurance Number
- Proof of identity and address (Utility bill, bank statement, etc.)
- Acceptance of and willingness to undergo a Criminal Record Check (CRC)* and Airside Security Clearance
- Where an individual has resided 6 months or more outside the UK in the last 5 years, the appropriate clearance must be obtained i.e. Overseas Criminal Record Check (OCRC) from the country of origin