Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Ryanair DAC, Lauda, Buzz, Malta Air and Ryanair UK. Carrying over 153m guests per annum on more than 2,400 daily flights from 87 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 37 states on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair Holdings to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m per annum by 2024. Ryanair Holdings has a team of more than 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 34-year safety record.
AES (Aircraft Engineering Services Ltd) are currently recruiting for the role of interns to join both our Base Maintenance and our Training Department here at Stansted Airport.
The desired candidate is an enthusiastic individual with a passion for the aviation industry. This opportunity will allow an individual to get an insight into how the various departments work to remain Europe’s Favourite Airline.
Training – Our training department provides high standard and effective training to all Engineering employees. You will be involved in;
- A full rotation of the department, involving, standards/compliance, planning, systems and our digital learning profiles
- Working closely with management teams
- Maintaining our social media profile and promoting Ryanair Engineering
- Shadow and partake in some of our practical training courses on board a training aircraft
- Be assigned to a specific project within the department that will be delivered at the end of your placement
- Base Maintenance – Our Base Maintenance team carries out aircraft maintenance once it has been removed from the operating environment. You will be involved in;
- Review of Base Maintenance procedures and processes to ensure sufficient control of the base maintenance operation
- Data analysis – create logical solutions/findings from data gathered in the past
- Writing business proposals based on analysis – using the findings to create proposals to improve
The desired candidate;
- Third year student of a bachelor’s degree in Aviation/Aeronautical/Aerospace or a similar discipline
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in the aviation industry
- The ability to work without constant supervision in a fast pace environment, work as part of a team, multitask and think outside the box are essential
- Close attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to be highly organised and apply accuracy to all tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications and written skills
- Excellent IT/Software knowledge – Microsoft Office suite
Closing date to apply: Midnight 3rd of November 2019
This internship would ideally suit someone currently undertaking a sandwich degree course that is looking to take their year in industry. Students MUST have the Right to Work in both UK and Europe.