At Jet2.com and Jet2holidays we are all Customer Helpers responsible for creating memories and ensuring our customers Have a Lovely Holiday.
After our fantastic success in Summer 2019, we now have some great opportunities for Baggage Agents to join our Ground Operations Team at London Stansted Airport for Summer 2020 on a Fixed Term Contract until the 8th November 2020.
Reporting to the Back of House Supervisor Teams, this role provides operational support to our aircraft loading and turnaround and ensures the safe and secure transportation of hold items. Key responsibilities include:
- Registering baggage as it arrives from the Check-In Hall and loading large and heavy items onto the correct baggage carts
- Ensuring the accurate and timely allocation of hold items to the correct aircraft.
- Driving our airside vehicles and supporting the transportation of items to the aircraft whilst meeting set Service Level Agreements.
- Working with our Ramp Agent team to load the aircraft, adhering to loading instructions and weight & balance parameters.
- Unloading of inbound hold and luggage and ensuring correct distribution onto our Baggage Carousels.
- Working to legal and company requirements; operating in a safe manner and maintaining a clear and safe working environment for you and your colleagues.
- Ensuring the delivery of an effective and friendly service that meets the needs of our customers and promotes our brand values.
Working in all weather conditions, as well as in the baggage make up area, this is a physically demanding role involving loading high volumes of items, up to 32kg in weight on every shift. Full training will be given.
For all our airside roles candidates must hold a full UK Manual Driving Licence and pass a Medical, administered by the airport.
As we are always on hand to help our customers, this position involves working on a rostered shift basis and requires flexibility to support our flight programme. Shifts regularly start as early as 3:00am to cover our 24/7 operation and will include working weekends and bank holidays. Our Baggage Agent positions are available on a 30 or 40 hours per week contracts. This is a responsible and rewarding role that has a real impact on our ability to deliver fantastic customer service!
We will be holding our first selection days on:
Wednesday 11th December
Wednesday 18th December
Wednesday 8th January
Successful candidates will already be demonstrating Role Model behaviours. With the ability to work to instruction accurately, you will have a positive and conscientious approach and a clear focus on ensuring the safety of our customers, yourself and your team.
You will also be required to provide a full 5 year checkable employment/education and address history, satisfactory criminal record checks and a valid photo ID.
We offer a competitive salary as well as full training, free car parking and fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business!
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 9 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays!! Ground Operations