Excess Baggage Group was founded in 1983, with the aim of providing comprehensive baggage storage & shipping services in the UK and abroad. Today, we are one of the UK's leading Baggage Service providers with over 50 outlets in airports and rail stations in GB, Europe, and operating to over 300 countries and territories and over 25,000 cities.
Job Description: Night Shift Sales Advisor
We are currently looking for a full-time Night Shift Sales Assistant who is passionate about customer service to join our team at Stansted Airport.
Duties include the following;
- Be knowledgeable and confident about Stansted services which includes Bag Wrapping, Shipping, Left Luggage, X-Ray Scanning
- Process transactions in an efficient and professional manner
- Respond to customer queries and complaints in a professional swift manner
- Ensure safe and proper handling of Customer’s luggage and possessions
- To undertake x-ray screening and hand searches of customer’s luggage as and when required, in accordance with CAA and DFT guidelines
- To ensure customers are issued with a unique reference ticket generated by the Company’s left luggage till system
- Ensure that any security issues are acted upon where necessary and reported to Management and/or appropriate authorities
- To be vigilant and accurate when dealing with product and monies ensuring that Company procedures are adhered to
- Ensure the banking is done at the end of each shift and that any discrepancies are reported
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are adhered to
- Other comparable duties as and when required
- Focus on Our Customers: We have a passion for service and are committed to knowing our customers’ business, anticipating their needs, and exceeding expectations
- Celebrate Teamwork: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds and celebrate participation and partnership in all our endeavours
- Promote Honesty, Integrity, and Trust: We honor our commitments and conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust
Skills & Experience:
- Recent customer-facing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
How we will reward you:
- £8.50 per hour, increasing to £8.65 per hour after successful completion of X-ray training
- 29 days holiday includes Bank Holidays. (Holiday increases with length of service)
- Available Overtime
- Uniform provided
- Successful candidates will be subjected to a criminal record check and must be able to supply 5 complete years' worth of employment/education references (including gaps in employment) to comply with Airport Pass regulations.
- Lone working and heavy lifting are involved in this role.
- Flexibility to work shifts between 9pm and 7am
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Recruitment Privacy Notice:
If your application is unsuccessful, the organisation will delete your personal data after we have filled the role.
The organisation will ask for your consent to keep your data for any future purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy.
The organisation will not share your data with third parties unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. The organisation will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.
The organisation will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
To apply for this role please submit a CV and cover letter.