Titan Airways is looking for a Safety Officer – (Investigator), to compliment the Safety and Compliance Team. The successful candidate will be undertaking both pre-emptive (audit, process analysis) and post incident investigations with a view to improve safety and reduce inefficiencies.
Main Responsibilities of the role.
1. Conduct safety investigations, analysis, and identification of the probable cause of incidents, and accidents.
2. Undertake analysis of practical and business procedures in the operational and engineering departments to drive business process improvement and innovation.
3. Review of Engineering and Operational Manuals for improved interdepartmental relationships and crossovers of data to identify weakness and safety risk.
4. Conduct audits when directed against the relevant aviation and security standards.
5. Support departments in the implementation or adaptation of procedures subsequent to incidents and findings.Including the scheduling and chairing of meetings, research of new topics, drafting of procedures for the inclusion in operating manuals.
6. Be prepared to undertake research of entirely new projects with a view to coordinate other departments with implementation advice / guidance.
7. Contribute to the Safety and Compliance team in its support of operational departments in processing Safety Reports, production of Board Reports, Safety Promotion.
8. Monitoring the implementation and assist in the evaluation of risk mitigations and actions ensuring these are being effectively managed and escalated as appropriate.
9. Prepare and distribute reports to support the monitoring and analysis of trends in hazards, incidents and accident
10. Deliver initial Staff Induction training and prepare recurrent Human Factors and SMS courses.
11. Attend safety meetings and symposiums.
12. Undertake Safety Department on call duties on a rota basis responding to Safety inquiries and out of hour incidents.
Qualifications and Experience
1. The role requires a significant amount of liaison at all levels within the business and the successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills with empathetic qualities.
2. Articulate and accurate communication skills (including report writing to ICAO Annex 13 level) problem solving and analytical skills.
3. Knowledge in investigative, interviewing skills including Human Factors modelling (eg. HFACs, Fault Tree Analysis, 5 Whys)
4. Understanding of safety and risk management principles such as Bow-Tie and ALARP.
5. Understanding of safety management databases, such as AQD, QPulse, Centrik
6. Ideally three (3) years’ experience in the aviation industry, preferably in one of the following functional areas: Flight Operations, Maintenance, Ground Operations or an equivalent level of comparable experience or education.
7. Fluency in MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Bowtie xp