To lead a team of Cargo Handlers to provide and maintain a high level quality service by planning and organizing the accurate and complete movement of cargo and mail in accordance with Customer Services Agreements and current legislation. In addition to this, the successful candidate will be required to ensure that Health and Safety, Quality, Security and Customer Services procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Supervise all aspects of Health and Safety and Security.
- Plan shift to ensure all deadlines and Quality standards are met.
- To have CA257 & CA259 Security training and monitor Security Procedures & Requirements.
- Ensure the accurate loading and offloading of cargo either manually or mechanically in accordance with respective handling procedures.
- Ensure cargo and mail is placed in and retrieved from appropriate storage areas and storage location is accurately recorded.
- Accurately enter all relevant data onto documentation and/or computerized systems in accordance with respective handling procedures.
- Ensure bond checks and other duties as per legislative requirements.
- Compile and coordinate Unit Load Device (ULD) stock-check.
- Ensure that items of Company or Customer property and equipment are properly maintained and protected. Immediately report any damage, fault or irregularity to your line manager.
- Liaise / Deal with staff on rostering issues.
- To be able to deal with initial staff disciplinary procedures.
- Fully comply with Company Security Procedures.
- Implement and adhere to Company / Airline procedures and requirements.
- Provide on the job development and training of team members to ensure full understanding and compliance with Company and Customers policies and procedures.
- Participate in team objectives.
- Undertake other reasonable duties, as and when deemed necessary by your manager.
- Supervision of Quality procedures and requirements on a shift basis. Reporting of complaints / failures daily and monthly)
- Supervision of Company / Airline procedures and requirements.
- Training of staff for local operational aspects.
- Ensure line management are updated of any special requests and any staff / processing recommendations and irregularities through day-to-day communication and the completion of handover logs.
- Ensure damage, over-shipments and under-shipments are reported to the customer, using appropriate procedures and documentation.
- Deadlines met for all export / import flights incl. trucks.
- Bond Checks are completed and actioned.
- Correct completion of import / export flight files.
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Must have experience in a similar leadership role
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment