AEM, with its head office at Stansted Airport, is a subsidiary of AMETEK. As part of AMETEK’s
Aerospace & Defense Division, AEM is one of the largest independent aircraft component repair and over
haul facilities in Europe.
We have a full-time vacancy, at our Stansted site for a HR Manager; this is a permanent role and reports
to the Managing Director.
To provide strategic and tactical support to deliver services and programs for the AEM business.
This role will partner with site and regional business leaders and will be responsible for providing functional
support in areas of Recruitment and Staffing, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Training,
Human Resource Administration, Payroll, and all other HR related areas.
• Acts and serves as the day-to-day resource for the AEM employee population to deliver AMETEK’s
Policies, Procedures and Programs.
• Responsible for staffing and recruitment of best-in-class talent while providing guidance to managers
on best organizational practices to effectively meet the demands of the business.
• Demonstrates a reliable point of reference for UK employment law and provides guidance to
managers on employee communication, conflict resolution and other employee relations issues and
• Conducts new hire induction and in conjunction with management, administers probationary period
• Responsible for fostering a positive working environment and serve as ambassador in promoting the
company’s culture to increase employee motivation and engagement.
• Administers other programs such as Salary Planning, Performance Management, Employee Benefits
and other programs in alignment with AMETEK’s corporate strategies.
• Provides guidance on HR training initiatives in alignment with the business needs and other MRO
Europe and Corporate training programs.
• Works collaboratively with business unit leaders, creates reports and serves as business partner in
providing HR data as needed.
• Effectively communicates and engages with MRO VP of HR, European HR Director and other
European HR Team on all matters relating to the MRO business.
• Contributes and participates in HR projects as needed.
• Creates and maintains job descriptions for the AEM business.
• Updates organizational charts each month.
• Address issues arising from Contracts of Employment, coordinate employee contract changes and
external requests for information.
• Address all aspects of those leaving the business through retirement or resignation, including leaver
meetings and removal from benefits such as pension and private health.
• Maintain personnel files in relation to employee relations, contract and data changes, indirect labor
training and other compliance requirements.
• Prepares internal employee communication regarding activities and other company events.
• Other duties as assigned in relation to the HR functions and other related business operations.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Fully CIPD qualified
• A minimum of 7 - 10 years of relevant HR experience covering all areas of Human Resources
• Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problemsolving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed
Registered Office: PO Box 36 2 New Star Road Leicester LE4 9JQ United Kingdom Registered in England and Wales Number 620201
• Experienced in a non-union and fast paced work environment
• Requires a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture
• Effective under pressure with a strong ability to prioritise and deliver
• Highly organised with excellent planning skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Confident and effective in dealing with different levels of management up to executive leaders
• An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
• Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
• Must be comfortable working with a high degree of change and ambiguity
• Well-developed business skills and commercial awareness
• Ability to manage a diverse workload in a fast-moving environment
• Industrial sector experience is required
• Aerospace/MRO experience is a plus
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience a plus
• 2 direct reports
• Regular travel to the Ramsgate and Luton facilities will be required
• Other travel to regional and divisional offices several times a year
Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience
To apply for this role please submit your CV, with a covering letter and salary expectations to
Mary Matychak, Vice President, Human Resources – MRO using the following link;