AEM, with its head office at Stansted Airport, is a subsidiary of AMETEK. As part of AMETEK’s
Aerospace & Defense Division, AEM is one of the largest independent aircraft component repair and over
haul facilities in Europe.
Due to the further expansion of our Workshops we now have a full-time vacancy, at our Stansted site, for
an IDG Fitter to repair and overhaul generators and IDGs in accordance with CMMs and Overhaul
Manuals ready for final testing.
• Overhaul and repair of IDG’s, CSD’s and generators, and their associated sub-assemblies; to include
disassembly, cleaning, inspection, fault finding and repair.
• Operate a variety of test equipment to include bore gauges, verniers, micrometers, digital multimeters, hi pot testers, presses and soldering irons.
• ONC / HNC Engineering or equivalent (desirable)
• Numerate and literate – minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience of IDG’s / CSD’s, overhauling generators within an Aerospace background
• Previous lapping and honing experience essential.
• Practical working experience of pistons and piston blocks, wobblers, governors and pumps
• Ability to interpret and follow in detail compliance manuals.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines is essential, whilst maintaining a high degree of quality,
workmanship and compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Working within a small team of skilled technicians, reliability, flexibility and team work are key skill
requirements within this highly successful department.
• Positive, enthusiastic, confident and motivated
Working Hours: 39 hour week
Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience
To apply for this role please submit your CV, with a covering letter and salary expectations to
Janine Barber, HR Advisor; e-mail Janine.Barber@ametek.com